Community Child & Adolescent Treatment Service (CCATS)
228 Maryland Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G 1L6
204-958-9600 • 204-958-9618
The Community Child and Adolescent Treatment Service (CCATS) provide a range of community based mental health treatment services to children and adolescents, and their families.
Children and adolescents ages 5 to 18 years and their families in the Winnipeg area who are experiencing emotional, behavioural, or psychiatric difficulties which may be related to:
- Disruptive behaviour, withdrawal or isolation
- Severely inhibited functioning in either school or home
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Attachment or separation issues
- Gender and identity issues
- Psychotic symptoms which are not serious enough to need hospitalization
Referrals are accepted from parents, older teenagers (16+), schools, physicians, other health service providers, hospitals, and agencies through the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Centralized Intake Service at 204-958-9660.
Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team and family involvement in the child’s treatment is supported and encouraged at all times and may include:
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Psychiatric Assessment / Consultation
Clients may be offered a brief intervention of up to four sessions to address important issues more immediately after referral.